We love to work with creative, passionate and fun people who love quality bread and great coffee as much as we do. We're hiring!
MORNING BAKER @ DETOUR CAFE/DEAR GRAIN
Looking for motivated experienced morning bakers to help our team bake off our sourdough bread and pastry.
Part-time Morning Baker
Primarily Tue-Wed, 3 am-8:30 am.
15-16.5$ hr plus tips (depending on experience)
Three month trial with a willingness to Commitment for one year.
(Possibility for extra hours in kitchen or pastry team for experienced individuals)
- Must be punctual and able to independently and reliably arrive in early morning hours
- Experienced in a professional kitchen environment is a must; Baking experience preferred.
- Must be organized, be able to multi-task, be able to keep up with the fast pace
- Able to lift delivery boxes 10 kg and occasionally flour bags 20 kg.
- Able to reach top shelves of rolling rack and top oven deck ( approx. 75" height)
- Arrive at 3 am - prepare starter/ levian for the morning team
- Manage morning bread bake of 100-200 bread loaves
- Preparing pastry for bake-off
- Loading and unloading bread from an electric deck oven
- Packing bread and pastry for deliveries in a timely fashion
- Cleaning the workspace
- Deliver bread to local businesses
Please apply via email@example.com
Dear Grain Bakery is on a mission to return bread to its rightful place in our lives. Using old techniques in modern ways to deliver a new kind of "bread experience". We look for passionate and committed individuals with experience in bakeries and professional kitchen environments to join our team and be part of making amazing bread and pastries.
At Detour Coffee Roasters/ Dear Grain, we are committed to providing an environment of mutual respect where equal employment opportunities are available to all applicants and teammates without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, national origin, age, physical and mental disability, marital status, sexual orientation, and any other characteristic protected by applicable law. Detour Coffee Roasters believes that diversity and inclusion among our teammates are critical to our success as a company, and we seek to recruit, develop and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool.