We love to work with creative, passionate and fun people. Please keep your eye on this page for updates!
Kitchen Creative Lead
looking for a self-motivated and dynamic individual with a passion for food and service. Someone who wants to own the development of our food program and can balance creative freedom with sensitivity to market needs in a team environment.
Detour is known for its top tier coffee program and its sister brand Dear Grain is rapidly gaining momentum as a market leader in quality sourdough bread and pastry. Its time to take the kitchen to the next level and we are looking for an inspired individual who is:
- Communicative & friendly
- Team oriented with the ability to work independently
- Creative and caring
- Organized, clean, and reliable
- Self-motivated and driven
To turn on the kitchen "fire"; lead our creative initiative; inspire and educate our team
- Develop a seasonal menu using attractive ingredients
- Develop outstanding specials that inspire our team and our clientele
- Share the responsibilities of kitchen daily operations: prep, line cooking, organization and cleaning
- Participate in managing admin duties: food cost, ordering, and inventory
- help source local suppliers and develop new relationships in the community.
Healthy, nourishing, bold and flavorful; Ethnic fusions, colourful and textural; A balance of lightness and substance. Lots of room for creative freedom balanced with sensitivity to market needs.
- Focused on breakfast and lunch on the weekdays and strong brunch on the weekends.
- The potential for evening pop-up and extended weekend hours during the summer season
- Cooking on a fast pace line including: prep and assembly of Salads, sandwiches, and breakfast platters, soups, stews and pie preparation
Job Type / Category
Start date:: Mid to end March
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time
Work Hours/ Shifts
- 25 - 40 hr will depend on season and your/ company needs
- Shift work hours 4-8 hr/ day
- Days and afternoons, 8-4 pm during weekdays and weekends....possibly extended weekend hours during summer
- We require flexibility in days and hours, open availability is IDEAL,
- competitive wages based on skills, experience and ability to meet our goals
- Free meals for shifts over 5hr or 50% off.
- Free hot beverages and some baked goods
- Monthly company outings
Required Education, Skills & Qualifications
- 5 yr of a professional kitchen environment
- Management experience is an advantage
- Culinary education preferred, but not required
- Food handlers certificate
- Ease of transport/ accessibility to workplace
- interest in long term commitment
Include resume and a short description about yourself and your cooking style and email Adri@detourcoffee.com
Top quality coffee, fresh sourdough bread baked in house daily, great in house pastry team, good work pattern and a vibrant team!