Detour Barista Fund
Investing in Canada’s specialty coffee community and supporting the next generation of coffee in Canada.
At Detour Coffee Roasters we’re committed to making specialty coffee more accessible to Canadians. In 2018, we are establishing the Detour Barista Fund, aimed at helping new specialty cafes flourish across Canada. This fund will be accessible to experienced coffee professionals who are looking to open a new cafe and to current cafe owners who are looking to expand.
- Provide funding assistance to 5 new cafes through the Barista Fund by the end of 2018 across Canada
- Expand the Barista Fund to 10 cafes throughout Canada in 2019
- Do even more in 2020!
Who we’re looking to support:
We want to support the growth of baristas across Canada and more specifically those who have a passion for furthering specialty coffee. First preference will be given to existing Detour customers and baristas who have supported us over the past decade. But, we’re interested in hearing from all types of applicants.
What the fund can do for baristas:
- Provide specialty coffee equipment grants for startup and expansion
- Increase available working capital
- Coffee business consultation, training and support
- Assistance with landlord lease negotiations
- Referrals to purpose-built bookkeeping and accounting services for cafe owners
- Participation in the cafe mentorship program (for first-time owners) to understand key cafe metrics and the pathways to success
How to apply:
To apply, please reach out in the contact form below or over e-mail to email@example.com to receive an application. Applications will be assessed as they are received based on the strength of business plan, references and relationship with Detour, and alignment with our goals of diversity within the industry.